Senior Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
So, you’re considering a job at Ragnarson? It's in our best interest to help you find out whether Ragnarson is the right place for you. Deciding how we will be spending 6 to 10 hours of our lives together, five times a week, is paramount. It shouldn't be down to a simple benefit versus requirements comparison.
There is no point in running yet another software development company without a good reason. For us, it's how we treat others as we would like to be treated
(read our manifesto
). That's why at Ragnarson we have created an environment where people achieve their fullest potential and are able to express themselves through their work. If you don’t see yourself in our story, Ragnarson is probably not the place you are looking for.
In order to foster this environment, the company has transparency at its core
. All staff have access to
our complete financial records, expenses, income, client/employees rates etc. All of the processes, decisions and documents around them are open too.
As uncle Ben said
, “With great power comes great responsibility.”
So you will need all these details to make various decisions at the company - whether or not to recruit somebody, accept or reject a client's project, give feedback to others, allocate the profit or save it for the future. Making such calls will help you develop and broaden your perspective.
Obviously, you will be working with our clients on their products too. But that’s definitely not all there is to working at Ragnarson.
You won’t find empty phrases like “flexible time”, “interesting projects”, “international clients” or “work in a young and dynamic team” commonly used in most job offers. Those terms have become devalued in IT jobs and mean exactly nothing. At Ragnarson you will be able to choose and adjust your perks to boost your productivity.
Twice a year at Ragnarson we go through raise workshops in which we set our own salaries, based on the company's budget, feedback from the people you have worked with and the market comparison.
Joining us means:
- Salary level: 20 160 - 28 560 PLN net on B2B contract
- open company financial records (example: income, expenses, forecast)
- transparent communication and company documents
- various benefits (MacBook, co-funding of healthcare package, sports activities, co-work space, funding of self-development, local integrations budget, holiday package, etc.)
- 100% remote work
- treating you as an equal partner, not an employee
- participating in every-day decisions regarding the direction of the company growth
- growing and specializing in the technology you like the most
- opportunity to develop in non-programming fields (project management, customer relations, recruitment, marketing, sales)
What do we expect from you?
- At least 5+ years of commercial experience
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Great knowledge of the PostgreSQL database
- Expert knowledge in Software Architecture
- Good command of written and spoken English (min B2)
- A consulting mindset and readiness to help client/PO lead their projects from the technical side
- Ability and motivation to lead a team of developers
- Mentoring skills
- Ambitions to become a tech leader
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of GraphQL / Elixir / Functional programming would be a plus
- Good command of written and spoken Polish (min B1)
- Being active in the Ruby on Rails developers community
Interested? Hit that "Apply" button!
Want to get to know us first?
The way we operate can appeal to a very narrow audience, but we accept that. If our story matches the vision of your future job we would be happy to meet you.
Our fully remote recruitment process will take you through 3 steps: 45-min interview, pair-programming session with a Senior Developer, and then culture fit interviews with other members of our team.