Junior Ruby Developer
👉 A surprisingly high number of people receive infrequent or no feedback from their peers and supervisors.
This leads to slower personal development.
Instead of getting highly contextualized advice from more experienced team members, you spend more time figuring out almost everything on your own.
At this stage of your career - when you are hungry for knowledge and further development of your skills - progressing fast makes all the difference in the long run.
👉 This is why you need tight feedback loops. It happens at different levels of abstraction during daily reviews of your pull requests, weekly sprints, monthly one-on-ones, and biannual 360 feedback sessions. When the feedback comes from more experienced developers, it’s even more valuable.
, we have it all in place, together with the following challenges to help you make the next big leap.
Challenges to tackle:
- Solving real-life problems with technology
- Building applications from scratch and planning them accordingly to business requirements
- Maintaining and extending existing applications
- Building relationships with our clients
- Learning how to receive and give feedback from clients and peers
- Direct collaboration with founders and an experienced project manager
What do we expect:
- Having broad interests
- Fluent communication in English (written and spoken)
- At least 1+ years of commercial experience as a software developer
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of the PostgreSQL database
- Experience with Git
What do you get by joining us?
Our focus on projects fighting climate change and socio-economic inequalities is what makes us stand out from the crowd. We count and rely on mature individuals with broad interests. They get access to all crucial information within the company and based on it they make important decisions. As an example, the team sets their own salaries
twice a year.
If you are knowledge-hungry and eager to work and communicate directly with international clients, then you are in the right place. Having the support of more experienced team members would give you the desired boost. Apply to join us, get to know your potential workmates
, and see for yourself.
We also offer:
100% remote work (or from our office in Lodz or Berlin)
- Salary level: 4 000 - 8 000 PLN net on B2B contract
- Self-setting up your salary twice a year
- Open company financial records (for example, income, expenses, forecast)
- Transparent communication and company documents
Participating in everyday decisions regarding the direction of the company growth
- Opportunity to develop in non-programming fields (project management, customer relations, recruitment, marketing, sales)
- Various benefits (MacBook Pro, co-funding of the healthcare package, sports activities, co-work space and English classes, holiday package, etc.)
We would love to see your code, so you can send us your project portfolio.
Get to know us in our recruitment process:
I stage - introductory call with our recruitment team
II stage - a recruitment task and live coding session checking relevant skills; we always provide comprehensive feedback whether the candidate remains in our process or not
III stage - 1-on-1 conversations with various people from the team
- cultural fit