So, you’re considering a job at Ragnarson? It's in our best interest to help you find out whether Ragnarson is the right place for you. Deciding how we will be spending 6 to 10 hours of our lives together, five times a week, is paramount. It shouldn't be down to a simple benefits versus requirements comparison.
There is no point in running yet another software development company without a good reason. For us it's how we treat others as we would like to be treated (read our story). That's why at Ragnarson we have created an environment where people achieve their fullest potential and are able to express themselves through their work. Here are our core values. If you don’t see yourself in our story, Ragnarson is probably not the place you are looking for.
In order to foster this environment the company has transparency at its core. All staff have access to our complete financial records, for example expenses, income, client/employees rates etc. All of the processes, decisions and documents around them are open too. As uncle Ben said, “With great power comes great responsibility.” So you will need all these details to make various decisions at the company - whether or not to recruit somebody, accept or reject a client's project, give feedback to others, allocate the profit or save it for the future. Making such calls will help you develop and broaden your perspective.
Obviously, you will be working with our clients on their products too. But that’s definitely not all there is to working at Ragnarson.
You won’t find empty phrases like “flexible time”, “interesting projects”, “international clients” or “work in a young and dynamic team” commonly used in most job offers. Those terms have become devalued in IT jobs and mean exactly nothing. At Ragnarson you will be able to choose and adjust your perks to boost your productivity.
Given you're still reading this and you haven’t seen the salary yet (because there is none in this narrative), your motivations are not strictly financial. That's great because for us the money is a commodity that frankly, is easy to acquire nowadays. It’s much harder for you to find a work environment that you believe in and for us to find an engaged teammate. After six months at Ragnarson, you will set your salary to whatever you think is right, based on the company's budget, feedback from the people you have worked with and the market. Nobody will have a right to interfere with that decision.
Summarizing joining us means:
- independency in setting up your salary twice a year
- open company financial records (example: income, expenses, forecast)
- transparent communication and company documents
- choosing your own perks
- 100% remote work
- treating you as an equal partner not an employee
- participating in every-day decisions regarding direction of the company growth
- growing in the technology you like the most
- opportunity to develop in non-programming fields (project management, customer relations, recruitment, marketing, sales)
The way we operate can appeal a very narrow audience, but we accept that. If our story matches the vision of your future job we would be happy to meet you.
We are looking for one CSS Developer with UX/UI skills to help write code and design interfaces for our client.
- 2-3+ years of commercial experience with creating web apps interfaces (designs)
- experience in creating UX for mobile and web apps
- experience in creating sketches, wireframes, mockups and ui prototypes
- good knowledge of HTML and CSS (SASS)
- experience with writing scalable and modular CSS
- experience with CSS frameworks (bootstrap)
- portfolio with your designs
Nice to have:
- experience using ES2015+
- experience with Ruby on Rails framework
We are eager to hire you till end of May / beginning of June.
How the recruitment process will look like? More info here
What we did so far? go through our case studies
We are also very active in building community